The Republic Of Cyprus occupies the southern part of the island of Cyprus in the eastern Mediterranean. The island is divided with Turkey to the north. Known for beaches, it also has a rugged interior with wine regions.
With a solid e.ducational system, studying in Cyprus as an international student can be an outstanding opportunity to explore the world’s richest histories while living in a welcoming community with a fantastic climate. Additionally, there are work opportunities for those who have ample skills.
Though the competition for high-end employment can be a challenge, most look favorably on students who are able to offer something unique and intriguing.
Employers are always looking for the most modern new hire. Additionally, the cultural aspects of this region make it well worth investing time into as a student. For many, it is the ideal place to live.
Below is a list of Links, which will get your detailed information on Education in CYPRUS.
To Study in Cyprus-Highest Number of US-Recognized and International Acclaimed Universities
- Study in Cyprus Reason 1: Different universities in Cyprus are offering multiple courses at affordable fees.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 2: Students have the chance to study their desired courses. In terms of what you can study, there is virtually no limit here for the international student.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 3: English is mainly the language of instruction, many programs are offered in English, especially at the masters and bachelors degree level.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 4: Student will get world class degree recognized around the world, no matter you want to work in Europe, Middle East or elsewhere.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 5: Students have affordable living expenses, low cost “on-campus and off-campus rooms”, no tax and much more.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 6: Financial aid programs are available at universities/colleges of Cyprus to provide financial assistance to students who need aid in order to begin or complete their studies in Cyprus.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 7: Part time work during studies is allowed to students who have a work permit. Students have the opportunity to work:
- During the semester: up to 20 hours per week.
- During break time: up to 38 hours per week.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 8: North Cyprus is probably one of the most considerable places for education in the world, and you are not alone, there are more than 40,000 students studying in North Cyprus.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 9: Tourism in Cyprus is what helps you never get bored throughout the year. The Island’s rich culture and warm people make any international immigration to the Island worthwhile.
- Study in Cyprus Reason 10: You can get permanent access to both European Union and Turkish shores.
Pre-Primary educationin Cyprus is available for children over the age of 3, it lasts for one year and is compulsory before entering primary school. Primary school then lasts for 6 years.
At the age of 12, Cypriots enter Secondary General Education which gives a broad interdisciplinary education with a variety of extracurricular activities. This includes Gymnasio (lower secondary education) and Lykeio (upper secondary education) and lasts for six years. Insted of the three years of Lykeio students may attend Secondary Technical and Vocational Education which will provide them whith the knowledge and skills needed to go directly into the working life or proceed to further studies.
Higher Education in Cyprus
Higher education in Cyprus is provided in both public and private institurions and the system is under constant development. The Department of Higher Tertiary Education (DAAE) in Cyprus has has taken big measures to increase funding, research and interest for higher education, three state universities has been opened. The DAAE also establiched a Council of Educational Evaluation-Accreditation which aims to keep a constant level of education in Cyprus and make sure that infrastructure and equipment live up to these standards. Since Cyprus became a member of the EU in 2004 the role of higher education in the country has grown even bigger and the Open University of Cyprus has opened its doors.
As English is the language of instruction in many programmes of higher education in Cyprus many abroad students find their education here. In 2005-06 many foreign students came from Europe, India, Bangladesh and China.
Cyprus International University (CIU) Tuition Fees
Cyprus international University offers affordable and attractive tuition fees plans for international students. In Cyprus International University students have the opportunity of choosing from an array of different tuition and fees packages plan.
The first options, is based solely on the school tuition and fees, this package which covers as well health insurance and bus transportation.
The second plan includes fees + accommodation, this package allows students to pay a singular amount which covers, the school fees, health insurance, bus transportation and accommodation, students can choose to live alone or share an apartment, the prices vary accordingly.
Lastly CIU has an all-inclusive package plan, which is composed by the first second and a meal plan (three courses per day).
Every international student benefits of the gracious 50% scholarship off tuition and fees programs. Tuition and fees (inclusive of VAT) on the following lists there are per academic year. Prospective students who have been accepted to CIU are required to pay an initial amount of 1000 Euro as a prove of commitment. After the deposit, your confirmation letter which you will need for your visa application will be sent to you.
Public colleges and Universities in Cyprus for International Students
Public universities are founded as public corporate bodies to be academically autonomous governed by their Council and Senate. They are funded by the government, but they can raise money from other sources as well. All the public universities in Cyprus are dedicated to excellence of teaching and research. Here is the list of public colleges and universities in Cyprus for international students :
- University of Cyprus
- European University Cyprus
- University of Nicosia
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- Cyprus University of Technology
- Open University of Cyprus
Private Colleges and Universities in Cyprus for International Students
Private universities are founded as private law organizations of speculative or non-speculative character, registered with the Ministry of Education. These private universities raise their funds from tuition fees. Here is the list of private colleges and universities in Cyprus for international students :
- Alexander College
- American College
- ARTE Music Academy
- City Unity College Nicosia
- College of Tourism and Hotel Management
- D.A. College
- Cyprus International University
- Frederick University
- Mesoyios College
- MKC City College
- The Philips College
- A. College
- Neapolis University
- Near East University
Student visas issued by the Embassy / High Commission / Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus in the candidate’s country
Nationals of countries where an Embassy / High Commission / Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus is available in residency should submit to the Admission Office of the chosen educational institution the following documents in order to obtain, on their behalf, a preliminary approval for them to be interviewed at the Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the Republicof Cyprus, in their home country:
- A fully completed application form.
- An application fee of 15-30 Cyprus Pounds (non-refundable).
- Four (4) passport-size photographs.
- Attested (certified true) copies of the student’s academic qualifications.
- Evidence of proficiency in English (if possible)
- A photocopy of their passport. The passport should be valid for at least one (1) year from the date of the student’s arrival.
The Admission Office will communicate details about the interview dates and required documents to candidates in time for the interview.
During the visa interview at the Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus, the candidate must present:
- Original academic qualifications and their attested copies in English or in English translation.
- Their passport which should be valid for at least one (1) year from the date of their arrival to Cyprus
- A recent certificate of good conduct issued by the police of the country of origin or residence. The good conduct certificate should be original and be issued less than six (6) months prior to the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The names and titles of the persons issuing and certifying the document should be clearly stated therein. If not in English, official translation must also be presented.
- A recent financial guarantee issued by the student sponsor’s bank stating that the specific costs of living and studying in Cyprus (i.e. living expenses and the tuition fees) for one academic year at the educational institution will be met by the sponsor. The name of the sponsor and that of the student should be stated on the guarantee. The bank guarantee should be original and be issued less than six (6) months before the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The bank guarantee should include the mailing address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address of the bank. If not available in English, official translation of the bank guarantee must be also submitted.
- Any other required documents (as advised by the educational institution).
Students must report to the educational institution on the first working day after their arrival in order to register and proceed with the remaining formalities needed for the issue of a temporary residence permit.
International students should register with the District Police Alien Branch within seven days as from the day of arrival in Cyprus. They are also obliged to proceed for medical examinations on the first working day after their arrival, to submit the relevant medical certificates to the District Police Alien Branch within one week from the date of arrival.