Ukraine is a large country in Eastern Europe known for its orthodox churches, Black sea coastline and forested mountains.
- Quality Education.
- Globally Recognized Courses (WHO, UNESCO, EUROPEAN COUNCIL).
- Cost effective.
- European Life Standard.
- Worldwide Acceptance of Ukrainian Method of Teaching.
- English Medium of Instruction.
- Better Job Prospects.
- Emphasis on Practical Aspects in Teaching.
- Moderate Climate around the year.
- Outstanding International Faculty.
- One of the Best Transportation systems in Europe.
BELOW IS A LIST OF LINKS, WHICH WILL GET YOUR DETAILED INFORMATION ON EDUCATION IN UKRAINE.
Many people as why study in Ukraine? Being one of the most populated countries in Eastern Europe, one thing that is good about Ukraine is that it can be considered as the melting pot of the European continent. Many of the Russian minorities as well as other indigenous people from other neighboring territories have flocked to Ukraine for greener pastures. Education wise, this may be one of the best decisions that people have ever made because this country offers free education for all.
The Ukrainian constitution wants to make sure that a Ukrainian University will be able to offer as much free education as it can to remain competitive against other countries. This is proving to be successful because of the high literacy rate among Ukrainian students.
Another advantage of study in Ukraine is that the libraries tend to give out free books to students in higher education, so there is to not have to worry about not being able to pay for their child’s school supplies at all. In addition to this, the students are offered scholarships in higher education right away to be able to reduce school payments as well. This is an added incentive for all those people who were looking for a country that will provide the best educational system for their children in the future.
If you’re looking to get your masters in Ukraine as well, you don’t have to worry too much because currently, higher education institutions are either government subsidized or privately owned. This means that the government will assist you in getting your education as soon as you reach your college years.
This is the reason why Ukraine can be considered as one of the most innovative countries when it goes to education. It does not only provide the best in terms of quality education but also it as the comfort of distorting as well as the parents in mind.
Structure of Education In Ukraine”
The system of education provides good quality and is well developed. One of the most important tasks for central and local authorities is to give equal possibilities in getting top quality education for all citizens of Ukraine.
When independence was declared, education acquires a distinctly national character and became more adapted to the new approved for primary and secondary schools, while new private educational institutes and schools were established.
In the area of education and upbringing are involved 7% of Ukrainian professionals who teach 11mln students (22% of the population).
There are 18400 institutions for pre-school preparation. According to the Constitution secondary takes the central part in the system and is free and quite accessible. 7 mln students attend 21900 schools. Private sector in secondary education is insignificant. Totally, there are 200 private schools (1% of all the amount of students).
Transition of secondary school from 10 (11) to 12 level system, according to European standards, is taking place now. Moreover, there is no difference in content of Ukrainian (post-soviet) secondary education from standards of secondary school of other European countries.
You can take vocation in 1003 technical institutions (utchilische) on the base of lower secondary education and upper secondary education.
In Ukrainian system of Education College of Further Education (technique) refers to the lower part of higher education.
Over one thousand occupational schools offer over 800 professional specializations. Students may choose among 313 (220 state and 93 private) universities, academies, and institutes as well as 658 (589 state and 69 private) educational institutions with first or second degree of accreditation. 500 educational institutions can offer supplementary education and the improvement of qualifications. Each year about 50 000 students, graduates, teachers, and professionals go to upgrade their knowledge and professional skills abroad. In return, studying in Ukraine becomes more attractive for foreigners and especially for young people from the Ukrainian Diaspora. During the years of independence, more than 60 international agreements have been signed dealing with development of cooperation in the field of education. In order to stimulate the application of general European educational standards, cooperation has gained depth with the Council of Europe, UNESCO, and other international organizations that work under the TEMPUS program.
Higher education in Ukraine
Higher education in Ukraine has centuries-old history, national traditions and high prestige in the world. Higher school in Ukraine has got developed training, scientific and social infrastructure and is ready to give an opportunity to every citizen of Ukraine or citizen of any other country to obtain education of different levels, to study at proficiency improvement or advanced courses, to study at post-graduate courses or to write doctorate dissertation, to take part in fundamental and applied researches.
Every year almost 200 thousand Ukrainians and citizens of other countries become students of higher educational institutions in Ukraine.
The system of higher education in Ukraine has flexible structure, corresponds to modern trends and tendencies to those in advanced countries recognized by UNESCO, UN Organization and many other international organization.
Since 1992 the whole system of Ukrainian post-secondary education has been regarded as “Higher Education”.
According to the “Law on Education” of Ukraine higher education of Ukraine has several categories of higher educational institutions, which correspond, as a rule, to four levels of accreditation:
- Level I – Vocational Training Schools;
- Level II – Technical Secondary Schools and Colleges;
- Level III – Universities, Academies, Institutes.
The levels of accreditation represent the hierarchy of degrees according to the qualification of graduates. There are: Junior Specialist, Bachelor, Specialist and Master. The higher educational institutions of III-IV levels of accreditation in Ukraine include 185 state ones: 65 classical, technical, medical, agrarian and other universities, 36 academies and more than 80 institutes. About 40% of school-leavers have the opportunity to get higher education.
Higher educational institutions possess powerful scientific and teaching potential. Scientific and teaching staff accounts about 80, 000 persons; among them – 4, 500 doctors of science, 33, 000 candidates of science, more than 5,000 professors and around 27, 000 assistant professors.
Graduates of higher educational institutions who have outstanding inclinations for scientific-research work have an opportunity to continue their studies at the post-graduate and doctorate course.
The vast network of post-graduate courses on different majors satisfies the needs in highly qualified specialists for different branches of industry, economics, science, culture and education. Training is carried out for 20 branches of science and 366 majors and it includes all the branches of training of the specialists of high qualification. There are 16,000 post-graduate students and around 1, 000 persons working for a doctor’s degree. Training on majors, which determine the reform processes in the country (economics, law, social and political studies) is expanded now.
New Ukrainian educational laws, state policies give certain autonomy to the higher educational institutions in their activities classical academic liberties in the self-government.
Structure of the State Higher education in Ukraine
The structure of State higher education in Ukraine is:
UNIVERSITIES (classical, technical & technological, economic, medical, agrarian, pedagogical, P.T. & sports, military, internal affairs);
ACADEMIES (law, technical & technological, economic, medical, agrarian, culture & arts, military, internal affairs
INSTITUTES (technical & technological, economic, medical, agrarian, pedagogical, law, culture & arts, P.T. & sports, military, internal affaires).
Terms of entrance and study of foreign at Ukraine’s Higher education institutions
According to the “Law on Education” of Ukraine all the applicants who would like to enter higher educational institutions have equal rights irrespective of the sex, race, nationality, social and property status occupation, world outlook, religion and other circumstance.
Education of the foreign students in Ukraine is carried out according to the Law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreigners”, and resolutions of the Government of Ukraine on training of the foreign citizens in Ukraine.
The academic year in the higher educational institutions in Ukraine starts on the 1st of September and is divided into two semesters, from September to the end of January and from February to the end of June. A semester lasts 17-18 weeks, followed by a 3 weeks examination period.
Foreign citizens who would like to enter the higher educational institution in Ukraine have to apply to Ukrainian International Center “Osvita” of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine or directly to the higher educational institution.
Entrance Procedure. You have to send the following to the University:
- An application form;
- The copy of the document about secondary education signed by a notary;
- The copy of birth certificate signed by a notary;
- Medical certificate that states you have no health problem and infectious disease;
- 8 documental photos.
If there are no problems with the documents, you will get an official proposal, 2 copies of contract and the invoice for study course and other payments. After that you have to send a letter of confirmation of your coming to take a course, one copy of the contract, a copy of the bank document that confirms your payment. The university sends the official invitation to the applicant.
Medical insurance. The procedure of medical insurance of international students is a usual practice in Ukraine. Medical insurance can be paid together with study payment or at the airport in Ukraine. There are other ways of payment as well.
Visa. As soon as you get the invitation you have to address the Embassy of Ukraine in your country. There you can find out the information about the list of documents needed to get a student visa. To get through the passport control you have to show the passport with visa, the copy of the official invitation, medical insurance policy. On coming to the place of study, international students have to be registered in the local authorities. As a rule, the international department of the university does this procedure.
Applicants – citizens of Ukraine pass entrance examinations (usually in July), which are organized by the higher educational institutions and regulated by the Ministry of Education of Ukraine. The programs of entrance examinations correspond to the programs of secondary schools. The examinations at the state higher educational institutions are open competitions and admission of the applicants for the places available for “state study” without tuition fee is carried out according to the results of the competitions.
Educational institutions either state or private have the right to admit the applicants for fee-paying education according to the results of the interviews or examinations after preparatory departments.
International students start their studying with foundation year. It includes a course of Ukrainian (Russian) language and some of the comprehensive subjects according to the future profession.
Further education is continuing together with Ukrainian students.
Foreign as well as Ukrainian students have the opportunity to use all available leisure, welfare and sports facilities of the institutions.
Tuition, residence and other facilities fees are fixed by corresponding agreement. As compared with the Western countries education and residence fees in Ukraine are not so high and quite acceptable for all strata of population.
Most of the states Universities provide free medical service in student’s hospitals. Student can also go to state and private hospitals, where medical service is to be paid. Service of the ambulance is free.
Though it’s difficult to give the exact figures as it’s varies in terms of lifestyle and related expenses, however we can provide with the approximate expenditures. Nevertheless, In order to live comfortably while you are in all over the Ukraine, the student will need to have about $USD1500 to US$ 2000 per year available for living costs, above the cost of your tuition.
Food and clothing
In terms of food , it’s very cheap here in Ukraine … for instance; in 1.5US$ the student can buy 4 Kg of POTATOS, or 4 KG of ONIONS or 3 litre of milk etc. Milk products are very cheap as well. As far clothing is concerned, it won’t much bother your pocket, for example a good Jeans costs 10-20$US, Shirts cost 5-15$US, T-Shirts cost 5-12US$.
Here, you can relax… as the books are provided by University Library.
In city :
The students’ Travel Pass on Government Transport (Subway Trains, electric Busses) is issued by Universities & costs only 5US$ in a month.
The International student Card is issued right after the students get Admission in University. The students with International Student card are given concession of 30% from the normal price of Air Tickets.
Travelling in the country.
The students are given a concession of 40% from the normal price of Ticket in Trains, Buses etc.
Ukraine Study Visa Requirement
- Ukraine study visa requirement : Study in Ukraine visa process
- International passport with a validity of minimum 1 YEAR
- Age must be 17 years or more.
- Basic knowledge of english,as you will be asked few questions in visa interview.
- Original Invitation letter from minsitry of educaion and science,ukraine.
- Higher Secondary School certificate/diploma for bachelor degree.
- Bachelor Degree (For Master Level students).
- Masters Degree (For PhD Level students).
- Transcripts (For Masters and PhD students).
- Birth Certificate and Medical Certificate,Aids(HIV) test.
- Medical Certificate physical and mental fitness.
- All certificates must be stampped from ministry of external affairs of your home country.
- Bank statement of $3000 minimum.
- Work experience or any diploma certificate if you have gaps between your study.
- 8 Passport size Photos.
Filled ukraine study visa application form
With the following mentioned documents student who want to study in ukraine can go to the embassy or can send his/her representative to the embassy to take the visa interview date.
Once you you get a fix date for the ukraine study visa interview you must presend yourself in the embassy on that date.You must be well dressed and feel coonfidentinfront of consular,while talking with the consular you must have simple smile on your face,if you dont understand any question ask him to repeat it,if you dont know the answer tell him you dontknow,let him ask another question.
Once you done with the interview,the consular will give you a visa slip with a date to receive ukraine study visa on it. Once you get visa slip you must deposit embassy visa fees mentioned on the ukraine study visa sleep.
You also must buy travel insurance of atlleast 1 month duration before you get the ukraine study visa.You can go yourself on the mentioned date to receive your ukraine student visa or can send your agent/representative to receive the visa.Visa can be delayed some time becuase of thedelay in visa confirmation from the concerned authorities.
The full process of ukraine study visa can take from 2 weeks to 1 month time depending on the rush for ukrainestduent visa inside the embassy.Sometimes due to huge ukraine student visa applications inside the embassy it takes some longer time,but once you finish with visa interview visa is almost sure.
For certain countries where ukraine embassy is not present visa interview is not necessary sometimes and student can send visa documents with their representative to receive ukrainestduent visa from the nearest ukraineembassy,provided all their above mentioned documents must be complete for ukraine study visa.
Medical Universities of Ukraine:
1. Odessa National Medical University
2. Kyiv International Medical Academy
3. Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy
(Poltava State Medical University)
4. Crimia State Medical University
5. Kharkiv State Medical University
6. Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy
7. Vinnitsya National Medical University
8. Zaporozhye State Medical University
9. Lugansk State Medical University
10. Donetsk State Medical University
11. Lviv National Medical University
12. IvanoFrankivsk National Medical University
13. Ternopil State Medical University
14. Bukovinian State Medical University
15. Sumy State University(For Medicine)
16. National Pharmaceutical University Of Ukraine
17. Kharkiv Medical Academy For Post Graduation
18. Kyiv Medical Institute Of Ukrainian Association Of Folk Medicine
19. Kyiv Municipal Medical Institute
20. Krasnograd Medical Institute
21. Kharkiv State Zooveterinary Academy
22. Lviv Institute Of Veterinary Medicine
23.V.N KarazinKharkiv National University(For Medicine)
24.Kyiv Medical University Of Uafm
25.Kyiv National Medical University
Economics Universities of Ukraine:
1. Kharkiv National Economics University
2. Kyiv National University Of Economics
3. Kyiv National University Of Economics & Trade
4. Ternopil National Economics University
5. Donetsk State Academy Of Management
6. European University Of Finance, Information System And Management
7. Kharkiv Institute Of Management
8. Donetsk Stae University Of Economics & Trade
9. Odessa State Economics University
10. Kharkiv National Municipal Academy
11. Ukrainian Academy Of Foreign Trade
12. International Slovenic University
13. Poltava Consumer Cooperative University Of Ukraine
14. East European University Of Economics & Management
15. Lviv Academy Of Commerce
Aviation/Aeronautical Universities of Ukraine:
1. Kharkiv National Aerospace University
2. Kyiv National Aviation University
3. Kirovograd State Flight Academy Of Ukraine
4. Kremenchuk Flying Institute
Culture, Arts, Sports Universities of Ukraine:
1. Kharkiv State University Of Fine Arts & Designing
2. Kharkiv State Academy Of Culture
3. Kharkiv Stat AcdemyOf Physical Culture & Sports
4. Kyiv National University Of Physical Culture & Sports
5. Dnipropetrovsk State Institute Of Physical Culture & Sports
6. LvivAcdemyOf Music
Agriculture Universities Of Ukraine:
1. Kharkiv National Agrarian Universty
2. Kyiv National Agriculture University Of Ukraine
3. Poltava State Agrarian Acdemy
4. Lviv State Agrarian University
5. Odessa State Agriculture University
6. Lugansk National Agrarian University
7. Kharkiv State Technical University Of Agriculture
8. Crimea State Agrarian University
Technical Universities of Ukraine:
1. Kharkiv National University Of Radio Electronics
2. Kyiv National Technical University
3. Kyiv National Technical University
4. Poltava State Technical University
5. Donetsk National Technical University
6. Ternopil State Technical University
7. Cherkassy State Technological University
8. Kremenchuk State Technical University
9. Odessa National Technical University
10. Donbass State Machine Engineering Academy
11. Dnipropetrovsk National Metallurgical Academy Of Ukraine
12. KryvyiRih Technical University
13. Dnipropetrovsk National Mining University Of Ukraine
14. IvanoFrankivsk State University Of Oil & Gas
15. Ukrainian State AcdemyOf Chemical Engineering Dnipropetrovsk
16. Viinitsya National Technical University
17. Sevastopol NationaTehnical University
18. Sevastopol National University Of Nuclear Energy & Industry
19. Zaporozhye State Engineering Academy
20. Zaporozhye State Tehnical University
21. Kirovograd Tate Technical University
22. Donbass Mining & Metallurgical University
23. Lviv National Technical University
24. National Shipbuilding University O Ukraine
25. Ukrainianstate Academy Of Telecommunication Odessa
26. National University O Water Management & Natural Resources Rivne
27. Kherson State Technical University
28. Technological University Of Podillya
29. Pryazovskyi State Technical University
Other Universities Of Ukraine:
1. Kyiv National University
2. Kyiv National Pedagogical University
3. Kyiv National Linguistic University
4. Kyiv National Transport University
5. Kyiv National University Of Food Technologies
6. Kharkiv National University V.N.Karazin
7. Kharkiv State University Of Railway Transport
8. Kharkiv State University Of Food Technology & Trade
9. Ukrainian Engineering & Pedagogical Academy Of Kharkiv
10. Kharkiv State University Of Civil Engineering & Architecture
11. Kharkiv National University Of Automobile & Roads Development
12. Kharkiv National Pedagogical University
13. Donetsk National University
14. Donetsk Institute Of Pyshology& Management
15. Donetsk State Institute Of Artificial Intelligence
16. Dnipropetrovsk National University
17. Dnipropetrovsk National University Of Railway Transport
18. Crimea National University (Tavryda)
19. Crimean Academy Of Environmental Protection & Resort Development
20. Zaporozhye State University
21. East Ukrainian National University Of Lugansk
22. Lviv National University
23. Lviv State University Of Forestry & Wood Technology
24. Lviv Theological Academy
25. Lviv Institute Of Finance & Economics
26. Lviv Academy Of Printing
27. Izmail State Humanitarian University
28. Odessa State Academy Of Refrigeration
29. Odessa National Maritime University
30. Odessan State Academy Of Marine Engineering
31. Odessa National University
32. Odessa State Hydrometeorological Institute
33. State University Food Technology
34. Odessa State University Of Civil Engineering & Architecture
35. Ukrainian State Academy Of Telecommunication Of Odessa
36. Sumy State University
Private Colleges and Universities in Cyprus for International Students
Private universities are founded as private law organizations of speculative or non-speculative character, registered with the Ministry of Education. These private universities raise their funds from tuition fees. Here is the list of private colleges and universities in Cyprus for international students :
- Alexander College
- American College
- ARTE Music Academy
- City Unity College Nicosia
- College of Tourism and Hotel Management
- D.A. College
- Cyprus International University
- Frederick University
- Mesoyios College
- MKC City College
- The Philips College
- A. College
- Neapolis University
- Near East University