BELOW IS A LIST OF LINKS, WHICH WILL GET YOUR DETAILED INFORMATION ON EDUCATION IN NEW ZEALAND.
From strong international rankings and world class facilities to expert faculty along with a rich pool of natural resources, New Zealand has proved itself to be the new and upcoming destination for educational opportunities. Education in New Zealand, apart from offering a very diverse range of study options for international students in world ranked universities, also offers affordable cost of education and living, factors that are playing a collective role in gradually making New Zealand one of the world leaders in higher education.
New Zealand offers a world-class education in a postcard-perfect environment. New Zealand has an excellent, centrally managed quality assurance system. The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) requires that institutions are registered to enroll international students and ensures compliance with qualifications standards.
Five New Zealand universities were ranked in the top 400 universities in the world by the 2013-2014 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
New Zealand has always been internationally recognized for its excellent education standards and for training high quality teachers, which makes it rather a given fact that the institutions in New Zealand provide one of the best world class teaching faculties. Apart from this, New Zealand also has a high quality of amenities and research facilities for its students.
But that is not all the country has to offer. It also provides a perfect mix of a modern cosmopolitan society that exists in perfect harmony with the country’s outdoorsy lifestyle. Replete with all kinds of natural landscaped ranging from snowcapped mountains and steaming volcanoes to rolling green hills, golden sandy beaches and lush rainforests. Living in New Zealand provides every student a chance to grow with its multi-cultural society and natural wonders all at once. Education in New Zealand is truly an all-encompassing experience.
From expert teaching staff to world-class facilities and a rich pool of natural resources, New Zealand is popular among students seeking a secure study environment and outdoor lifestyle.
For students looking for a secure study environment and an outdoorsy lifestyle, New Zealand provides an expert teaching staff with world class facilities and an abundance of natural resources. With a number of institutes for technology and polytechnics, private tertiary and training institutes, teacher training facilities, English language training centers and eight public universities, New Zealand has a plethora of study options for students pursuing their higher education. Additionally, the education system in New Zealand is centrally managed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) which requires the registration of institutes that enroll international students. The NZQA ensures that the education in the various universities and institutes are in compliance with global qualifications standards in order to maintain the integrity and high quality of the courses being taught in New Zealand. Five of the eight New Zealand universities have also been featured in the top universities in the world by Times Higher Education World University rankings. An epitome of education, New Zealand promises an unmatched learning experience for all its students.
The New Zealand tertiary education system is broadly divided into six sectors.
There are eight public universities in New Zealand, which offer undergraduate (bachelor) and postgraduate degrees. Universities are teaching and research-based. Five were listed in the 2013/2014 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics
New Zealand has 22 Institutes of Technology or Polytechnics. Courses are usually vocational and skills-based, ranging from certificate level through to bachelor degree and postgraduate level.
Private tertiary and training institutions
There are a growing number of private tertiary and training providers offering an alternative study option. They offer professional certificates, diplomas and degrees in a diverse range of subjects including the arts, hospitality, computer studies, quality management, ecotourism and others. More than 800 such establishments are registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. About a quarter of these are Mãori owned and operated.
New Zealand is internationally recognised for its excellent education standards and for training high-quality teachers. There are six government-funded institutions that specialise in teacher training. Two operate within universities and the other four offer programs in collaboration with their local university. They offer training for teachers across early childhood, primary, secondary, special and tertiary (higher education) levels.
English language training sector
Private English language schools offer a variety of courses for all ages including adventure, business and academic programs. Adventure courses provide a balance of English language tuition and stimulating activity of students’ choice. There are courses in English for business purposes and courses to help prepare students for IELTS testing. Most tertiary institutions also provide English language preparation for further study or foundation courses.
Wãnanga is the term for the Mãori providers of tertiary education and advanced study on Mãori tradition and custom, usually in the Mãori language.
The tuition fees is different for different universities and colleges and varies with courses. We have listed a few courses with the approximate range of annual tuition fees.
For more specific details, please contact the respective university and college.
- Arts / Humanities / Social Sciences NZ $ 10,000 – $ 12,000 per year
- Commerce / Administration / Management NZ $ 10,000 – $ 12,500 per year
- Computing & Mathematical Sciences NZ $ 13,000 – $ 15,000 per year
- Engineering NZ $ 16,000 – $ 17,500 per year
- Science / Science Technology NZ $ 14,000 – $ 16,000 per year
- Technology NZ $ 14,000 – $ 18,000 per year
- Arts / Humanities / Social Sciences NZ $ 14,000 – $ 16,000 per year
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) NZ $ 18,000 – $ 24,000 per year
- Engineering NZ $ 18,000 – $ 24,500 per year
The approximate annual living expenses are about NZ $ 10,000 – 12,000, which includes accommodation as well as other daily expenses.
However, the expenses are different for different people depending on the lifestyles and this is just a rough idea.
New Zealand has the lowest cost of living among most developed countries.
List of Universities & College in Newzealand
- AUCKLAND HOTEL & CHEF TRAINING SCHOOL (Auckland)
- AWI International College (Auckland)
- Abacus Institute of Studies. (Christchurch, Auckland, Hastings)
- Avonmore College (Christchurch,Tauranga)
- Auckland Institute of Studies (Auckland)
- Auckland Gold Star Institute (Auckland)
- Aranui High School (Auckland)
- Bay of Plenty Polytechnic (Tauranga)
- ARA Institute of Canterbury
- Cornell Institute of Technology (Auckland)
- Design and Art College (Christchurch)
- Eastern Institute Of Technology (EIT) (Napier, Auckland,Hawke’s Bay)
- GOLD STAR INSTITUTE (AUCKLAND)
- Information Technology training Intitute ( ITTI ) (Auckland)
- INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF NEWZEALAND (IANZ) (Auckland)
- INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF NEWZEALAND (ICNZ) (Auckland)
- International College of Linguistic (ICL) (Auckland)
- International College Auckland (ICA) (Auckland)
- International Pacific College (IPC) Palmerstone North, (Palmerstonnorth,Wanganui,Masterton)
- International Aviation Academy (Christchurch)
- Imperial College Auckland (Auckland)
- Kiwi Institute of Training and Education (Auckland)
- Lincolan university Lincoln, (Christchurch)
- Lifeway College (Auckland)
- Linguis International Institute (Auckland, Christchurch)
- MEDIA DESIGN SCHOOL (Auckland)
- MFH Making Future Happen (Wellington)
- Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) (Auckland)
- NTEC,CONCORDIA,NTI, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (Auckland,Christchurch,HASTING,TAURANGA)
- New Zealand Territory College (NZTC) (Auckland,Christchurch)
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology(NMIT) (Nelson, Napier)
- Newzealand College of Business ( NZCB ) (Christchurch)
- New Zealand Career College (NZCC) (Auckland)
- North Share International Academy)NSIA (Auckland)
- NEWTON COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & TECH. (NCBT ) (Auckland)
- New Zealand Management Academics (NZMA) (Auckland)
- Newzealand School of Education ( NZSE ) (Auckland)
- Newzealand Institute of Studies ( NZIoS) College (Auckland)
- NEWZEALAND NATIONAL COLLEGE (NZNC) (Auckland)
- NORTH TEC COLLEGE (Auckland)
- PIHMS (PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL HOTEL MGMT SCHOOL) (New Plymouth)
- Queens Academic Group (QAG) (Auckland, WELLINGTON)
- Quantum college (Auckland)
- Queenstown Resort College (Queenstown)
- RANGITOTO COLLEGE (Auckland)
- Royal Business College (RBC) (Auckland,Christchurch,Hasting,Tauranga)
- Retail Business & Management (RBMC) (Christchruch)
- Raffles College (Auckland)
- Southern Institute Of Technology (SIT) (Invercargil)
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic (Grey Mouth)
- The Professional Bar & Restaurant School. (PBRS) (Wellington, Auckland)
- Unitec (Auckland)
- Universal College of Learning(UCol ) (Palmerston North)
- UUNZ (Auckland)
- VICTORIA INSTITUTE OF NEWZEALAND (AUCKLAND)
- Western institute of tech. (New Plymouth)
- Waiariki Institute Of Technology (Rotorua)
- Wellington Institute of Technology (Weltec) (Wellington)
- Whitireia Polytechnic (Wellington, Auckland, Porirua)
- Whitecliffe College of Design & Art (Auckland)
- Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) (Hamilton)
- Yoobee School of Design (Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland)
You may need to get a Student Visa to study in New Zealand as an international student. You must ensure your course is approved for student visa. New Zealand student visa can be processed in two ways, General Visa process and Fund Transfer Scheme.
Documents required for the visa processing
- 10th certificate and mark sheet
- 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Work experience certificate( If Applicable)
- IELTS Certificate copy
- Passport copy
- Bachelors Certificate , Mark sheet, Transcript copy (If Applicable)
- Masters Certificate, Mark sheets, Transcript copy (If Applicable)
- Curriculum vitae/resume detailing your work and personal history
- An outline of your proposed research. (If Applicable)
- Print and complete the form Student Visa/Permit Application
- Visa Application Fees
- Offer Letter from an New Zealand education provider
- Evidence that you’ve arranged accommodation through the education provider or through another person
- A guardian who is eligible to accompany you, if required
- You’ll have to provide medical and police clearance certificates
- A passport that’s valid for at least three months past the date you are to leave New Zealand
- For a child above age 5 ,If traveling along with applicant, child’s school admission confirmation letter from New Zealand school
- You should provide evidence that you have enough money for your tuition living expense during your study in New Zealand as follows
Funds requirement for New Zealand Student Visa
Tuition fees for full course duration or if course is more than 1 year, applicant can show first 1 year fund and remaining course duration, sponsor should provide financial project plan to sponsor applicant for balance tuition fees.
Living expense per year NZD 10000 for full course duration or if course is more than 2 years, remaining course duration, sponsor should provide financial project plan to sponsor applicant for balance living expense.
If married & spouse is travelling along with Applicant
Living expense for spouse NZD 5000 per year for full course duration.
If having Children & Travelling with Applicant:-
Living Expenses per year NZD 5000 per child for full course duration.
N.B :- New Zealand Dollar Conversion Rate = INR 35.
Who Can Sponsor:-
Applicant, Parents, Spouse, Relatives, Cousins.
Funds Acceptable Under General visa process
An Education loan from Nationalized Bank or NZHC approved bank or Saving deposit or Fixed deposit six months old or PF Savings can be used for sponsorship. After visa approval student need to pay only tuition fee to the college and living expense can be kept in sponsors account and need to pay only in installments to the applicant.
Funds Acceptable Under FTS
Applicant should arrange fund for first year tuition and living expense old or fresh in his/her account in India and from this, tuition fee amount should be transferred to college account and living expense to ANZ account in the name of applicant after visa approval.
Lodge your application
After all above documents ready IA will forward your student visa application to nearest New Zealand Embassy. Visa processing can take from 6 to 12 weeks or more.
Visa Approval & Fee Payment
On receipt of your student visa application the embassy will start verification of your file, if the visa application is approved the embassy will forward an approval letter. This letter demands student need to pay minimum one semester fee and also says any other conditions to be met. Based on this we advise student to pay the above fees and organize if any pending documents and will forward to New Zealand embassy along with your passport .The student visa is then issued and the passport sent back to our address or your home address.
Pre departure / Arriving in New Zealand
You can now make arrangements to travel to New Zealand. It is important to review the course/semester timetable to ensure you arrive just before your course commencement date. You can contact IA to discuss your travel arrangements and we will organize your airport meeting, accommodation, medical insurance and other requirements ready for your arrival.
Revoke a Student Permit
If you fail to meet the conditions of studying in New Zealand, immigration may revoke your student permit. This might happen if :-
- You do not attend your course
- You work outside restrictions
- You stop attending the course for which you were granted the visa and enroll in one that immigration has not approved
- You are required to live with your parent or legal guardian if you are minor and you do not live with your parent or legal guardian
Once your permit is revoked you will no longer be lawfully in New Zealand and will have to leave.